Located in a square at the center of the village, the church of the Beata Vergine Assunta (Blessed Virgin of the Assumption), patron saint of this community, is the main church of Sardara and has received an international Herity certificate. It was built in the early 1600s, almost certainly on a pre-existing Romanesque building, and covers an area of over 300 square meters and faces with its large churchyard in the same square of the Villa Abbas Archaeological Museum. The façade, completely smooth, has a particular color effect obtained through the use of a sandstone naturally streaked and its linear simplicity is interrupted only by the rose window and the niche with the Virgin. To the right of the façade, stands the bell tower, built between 1634 and 1639, demolished and then rebuilt in 1706. The church houses a rich collection of precious furnishings and works of art and sculptures decorated with artistic technique called “Estofado de Oro” as the wooden statue of St. Bartholomew (carved around 1669) and wooden busts of San Peter and Paul. Admire the altarpiece of the Virgin of Itria and an organ with reeds of the eighteenth century.